Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting to know us...


I want to spotlight each of my kids so you know who I am talking about when I tell you all their zany adventures. Today I'll start with my oldest, "I" :) "I" is 8 years old and is in the second grade. He is a ball of energy! His favorite things are riding his bike, wrestling with his friends, and playing Wii (he is the family Mario Kart champ). "I" just started cubscouts this year and is having a great time. He was also diagnosed with ADHD within the past year. We always suspected it was there but this is the first year it became a problem with school work. I don't really know if raising a boy with ADHD is extra hard, all I know is "I", but I know I like all that he is, even when he is WILD! "I" loves to have fun and he brings fun and laughter into my life too. He has a big smile and a big heart! It has been so fun raising a boy. It is so wonderful to watch this little man grow, to dream about all he will accomplish, and to have him still need and love his mama despite being caked in dirt and who knows what else. It makes it extra special somehow. A girl is expected to be loving and sweet, but when a little boy is, it is truely sincere (not that I don't LOVE my girls, you'll get an earful of them later). I encourage everyone to give raising a boy a try, you'll never feel more loved.

P.S. I know it's weird to use "I" in the third person sense as well as I for the first person. Maybe later I'll figure out a better way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment