Friday, June 24, 2011

4th of JULY ideas



Everytime a diffrent holiday comes around I hear myself saying "oh I LOVE *insert holiday here*, I think it's my FAVORITE!" I just love holidays. I love spending time with my family, I love a day off work, I love all the fond memories I have of holidays growing up. I spent my 4th's as a child swimming in my Aunt's Pool in her backyard, playing with cousins, eating homemade ice cream, and waiting, waiting, waiting for the sun to go down. It seemed that the 4th was a day twice as long as any other day!

Super cute idea to turn mason jars into sippy cups
HERE

Our 4th of July celebrations this year are going to be pretty low key. A lot of my family will be getting together in California (at that same Aunt's house with the big backyard pool) for not only a celebration of independence, but also my Grandma Bee's 95th birthday party! I wish so much that I could be there, but circumstances as they are, we will be hanging out at home with some treats, a slip n slide and a small box of fireworks. (actually sounds pretty nice when I say it like that!) I have to make it special for the kids though! I want them to have the same fond memories of holidays that I have. I searched the blogging community today for some fun and SIMPLE 4th of July surprises for the kids. Here's what I think I'll throw together for them this year.



Red Vines are the perfect treat for watching fireworks. I found this cute idea...

HERE




And I loved how you can change up these wands for other holidays by hanging on to the stick and just switching up the ribbon colors. I found this idea...
HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment