Monday, June 6, 2011

For My Nephew...




So I snapped these pictures really quick as my family was sitting in the car waiting for me to finish up so we could go to my new little nephew's blessing at church. I wanted to give him this quilt that day but I needed to get some pictures for me (and you!) first. Anyway, not my best photography but the quilt turned out adorable, if I do say so myself :) It is so soft with the minkie on the back. I don't like to use batting in my baby quilts if I am using minkie, it makes them too heavy. The pattern is called Coming Soon by Thimble Blossoms and the fabric is a collection of a few diffrent lines, mostly Sunkissed by Sweetwater, some Moda essential dots, and the animal print was out of Central Park by Kate Spain. A cute quilt for an even cuter little boy!

3 comments:

  1. OK, this is the lady who adores your blog who came into the store the other day! (Don't be afraid! Ha) Thanks for the tip about not using batting when you use minky for a baby quilt. It does make them too heavy! Darling boy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no I loved meeting you! And in fact I've discovered we have another connection... I am Tamra Fransons daughter in law. I married her oldest son Bruce. He was in the shop that day and reconized you as you walked out. Small world! This little quilt is for Judd's new baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it!! Tell Bruce I never knew he had such great taste in women. . .marrying a quilter! And next time you see the Fransons, give them a big hug from the Bells!

    ReplyDelete