Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Quilt For Me and Cupcakes


It's so often that I make quilts for work or quilts as gifts that it was a rare treat to be able to make this quilt for me. I fell in love with the fabric, I chose the pattern, I even added my own style to it and made it using raw edge applique instead of fusible web. I wanted to start on this quilt months ago but some other project that was more pressing always got in the way. And so my beautiful layer cake sat on the shelf, tempting me every day to drop whatever I was doing and make this quilt.



I finally couldn't take it any longer and during a brief moment in between projects I jumped in and started to cut up my fabric. It came together so quick and so easy that I couldn't stop and finished it in no time.

I am so happy with this quilt, it turned out just like I hoped. Once it gets plenty of snuggle time on the couch I plan on hanging it in my living room. If you've read my blog you know I like to use my quilts. An uncuddled quilt is an unloved quilt and that make me sad to see. Even if that means the quilt gets washed, folded, and a very small spot or two. It's worth it to know my family makes good use of them and enjoys them.

On a totally unrelated note, my son has been at Cub Scout day camp the last couple days, which means I get some time with just me and my two little girls. After a trip to the library we went and got cupcakes at our favorite little cupcake shop, The Sweet Tooth Fairy.



So much fun to place my little girls in front of every cupcake flavor imaginable and let them choose their favorite. C picked raspberry lemonade, P picked Neopolitan, Daddy got rootbeer float, and I went with my old favorite oreo cookies and cream (there will be cream cheese frosting in Heaven!)









Life's simple pleasures... quilting, cupcakes and family. I feel so blessed!

Quilt pattern by Thimble Blossoms called Marmalade, fabric also by Camille Roskelley called Bliss for Moda. Can't wait for her new line coming out soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. . .I can almost taste the cream cheese frosting!! Also, the quilt. . .beautifully done. Looks so fresh and inviting. Thanks for sharing. Yes, I have a jelly roll waiting for me out of that Bliss line! Love it and I never get tired of seeing it.

    ReplyDelete