Friday, July 27, 2012

Shortcake Quilt (top)


I'm showing this newly finished quilt top to you now because I just can't wait, I LOVE it! And honestly, I don't think it's going to get quilted until after the kids go back to school next month. I'm going to quilt it myself on my machine. It's not too big, just a small throw size.


Perfect size for my girls to cuddle under...


Isn't it sweet?! I want to lay on it in the grass with a good book and eat strawberries and cream.


We only have one month left of summer vacation and then the kids go back to school. It's feeling a bit long nowadays, but it will go quickly and the kids will be gone again, and my house will be quiet and clean and I'll start to miss summer, sunshine and especially my children. C starts kindergarten this year. What am I going to do every morning, all alone? Clean and wait around for her to get home, I guess. But before then we have a trip to the cabin to look forward to, as well as some birthday parties (including Harry's ;) and a few more trips to the water park. In fact, as I write this I am beginning to remember all the things we have left to do on our summer bucket list this year. I better get busy playing and less time locked in my sewing room... there's more time for that later.

Pattern: Shortcake by Cluck Cluck Sew
Fabric: Strawberry Fields

1 comment:

  1. This quilt top looks gorgeous. I wish you'd posted a photo of it completed. I bet it was beautiful. I'm going to try this pattern too but I'm not as experienced as you.

    ReplyDelete